The MONROE, JUNEAU, JACKSON COUNTIES GENEALOGY WORKSHOP (MJJ) is the Genealogy Society for Monroe County, Wisconsin, and also includes the Wisconsin Counties of Juneau and Jackson.
(NOTE: MJJ is a separate and distinct organization from the Monroe County Local History Room, but is affiliated with it as we share a common purpose.)
The Monroe, Juneau, Jackson Counties Genealogy Workshop, Inc., a Chapter of the Wisconsin State Genealogical Society, is a nonprofit educational organization under Sec. 501©(3) of the IRS Code. Contributions to MJJ are tax deductible and are used to help support acquisitions of resource materials and to produce publications to enhance family history research in the tri-county area.
MJJ members help to assist researchers working on their family history in the tri-county area through our Newsletter or by e-mail or regular mail. We also help to preserve and publish local records, and to conduct workshops from time to time in both genealogical research and the preservation of genealogical records. You do not have to reside in the tri-county area to be a member of MJJ. Anyone with an interest in their family history is invited to join and come to our meetings.
BENEFITS OF BELONGING TO MJJ:
- Four NEWSLETTERS are published annually and contain family history records, church, cemetery, military and school records, vital statistics, self-helps, book reviews, as well as other informative articles on genealogy, primarily in the tri-county area.
- Free SURNAME QUERIES in our Newsletter for members who are researching in the tri-county area.
- 10% DISCOUNT on MJJ publications (except for sale items).
- NOTICE of pre-publication prices for MJJ's new books.
- Seven MEETINGS annually to conduct the business of MJJ, along with time to learn about and share our family history research successes and challenges. Other seminars, mini-classes, or guest speakers are scheduled from time to time according to the interests of family history researchers.
Our membership year runs from May 1st to April 30th. Annual dues are $8.00 individual, $10.00 family or organization. Click Here to print an MJJGW Membership form.
To learn more about MJJ, you may contact us at our e-mail address:
Or you may write to us at our mailing address:MJJGW
P.O. Box 363
Sparta, WI 54656
We have published books on Monroe County that we have for sale. You will find them on this website’s Gift Shop: http://www.monroecountyhistory.org/giftshop.php?category=2
27,950 names from the 98 quarterly Newsletters that have been published since April of 1986 have been indexed and alphabetized by surname. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn if your surname is in the index and we’ll let you know how to obtain a copy of the newsletter in which that name appears.